We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Help please

I’m looking at planning a trip for my parents for my fathers 60th. Could anyone advise where and how much I’m looking at for accommodation, do I need to get tickets to watch the 2018 ty races please I’m at a total loss

5 replies to this topic
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
192 reviews
1. Re: Help please

All I can tell you, Jennie, is there is a good chance accommodation is booked out already. Try any booking site, or here on TA, but don't be surprised if there is none, and what there is will be expensive, as it's prime time to visit.

You won't need tickets unless you are wanting grandstand seats- you could stand on the side of the track.

Someone else might be able to help you better, but that's how I would understand it.

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
2. Re: Help please

The TT is free to watch at most places around the course, but there is also grandstand seating at the start line, and at various points around the course, which costs extra (worth it at some places).

Accommodation is challenging to get - most places are booked out at least a year in advance, but apart from hotels, you can try homestay (staying in private homes that have been inspected) and camping (not a bad idea if the weather is good, but expect campsites to be busy). Homestay is generally a good bet.

Travel to the IOM is limited by availability of ferry and airplane seats - the ferries are the only option for vehicles, are expensive at TT time, and sell out many months in advance, though it may be worth contacting the Isle of Man Steam Packet to ask for late availability. There are several airlines that fly to the IOM - try FlyBe and Easyjet - that might have some availability here and there.

Drop me a line if I can be of any help.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
161 reviews
3. Re: Help please

Jennie TT is 'prime business' time for the Island,there is only one ferry company & they are taking bookings for 2019,most hotels are booked up way ahead,if you do some digging you just may find a space by ferry or plane or for a room if you are flexible with your dates,good luck!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
108 reviews
4. Re: Help please

You may also find that for this year you won't be able to get either a ferry or flight, as has been mentioned above, everything gets booked fully at least a year ahead

british isles
Level Contributor
12 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Help please

You do not need tickets and we have a cancellation of a deluxe twin room ( health reasons )

Ring me 01623 834614 I will be pleased to help you

4 Star Gold accommodation £80 per night twin room .or superking.

Reply to: Help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man
Recent Conversations