We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry prices for 2018 TT

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Ferry prices for 2018 TT

Hi please could someone advise how much a ferry ticket for two people in a car is likely to be?

The ferry company is quoting a 50 pound "deposit" with price confirmed in February

Anyone travelled this year? Can you help us estimate how much it will eventually end up as?

Thanks in advance

35 replies to this topic
4 posts
1. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

Iv spoken to steam packet company today and it's about £500 for car and two people

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
2. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

Hi Russell, do you know if that's the return price or one way? thank you

4 posts
3. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

That's return

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
4. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

Hi. I got an invoice today for 522 pounds for a car and 2 passengers and I am still in shock at how much this is. The words monopoly and rip off spring to mind.

4 posts
5. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

Got mine today aswell £515 for car and two passangers

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
20,006 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

It's probably the biggest annual event on the Isle of Man so they make sure that they hike the prices up and rip people off.

It's the same when Liverpool have a home game - all of the hotels hike their prices up because they know that people will pay the sky high prices because they have no other choice!

4 posts
7. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

To be honest mine was slightly cheaper that I expected, i was told it would be about £550.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

i would suggest the price will be excessive, the cost to travel 60 miles from morecambe on the ferry with car is well over the top, i would love to have a return holiday there, but not at what the ferry company is charging.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

just to to let you know, you can travel to santander in spain from plymouth for £500 and have a cabin four floors full of bars, live music, even a swimming pool !. pay for a full english in the morning. And yes i have done the round trip for £1000. but the amount of miles covered, just makes the isle of man ferry a ripoff. owned by a portugese company i believe, the isle of man government needs to take this in hand. if the ferry was at reasonable cost, they could increase tourists tenfold it is a lovely place for a holiday, just get a grip on ferry fares.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,436 posts
52 reviews
10. Re: Ferry prices for 2018 TT

£500 is during the TT when demand is through the roof - it's usually much cheaper.

Alternatively flights to the IoM are very reasonable (outside TT week of course) , and the Island has an excellent bus network (as well as its quirky heritage railways) so there is no need to take a car over at all.

Reply to: Ferry prices for 2018 TT
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man