We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isle of Man During the TT

Falls Church, VA
Level Contributor
21 posts
64 reviews
Isle of Man During the TT

I was planning to do a long weekend in the Isle of Man starting Friday, May 26. I've just discovered that's when the practice sessions for the TT race start. I'm not a fan, so I wasn't looking for this. How crowded, noisy, expensive etc is the island likely to be starting on the 26th? Better to plan my visit for another time?

6 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,430 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Isle of Man During the TT

If you are not interested in the TT then don't go anywhere near the Isle of Man whilst it is on. It pretty much takes over the Island and all the decent accommodation was booked up months ago.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Isle of Man During the TT

Agree with wirewiper. You probably won't get a ferry on and off anyway. They booked out months ago. Maybe try another time as it is a beautiful place to visit.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
142 posts
311 reviews
3. Re: Isle of Man During the TT

having visiting in practice week i personally found not too busy. If you can gets digs and ferry or flight then. definitely recommend it. the islands alive in this fornight everywhere someones doing something.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Isle of Man During the TT

Hi, Practice week is no where near as busy as TT week, although its popularity is getting bigger due to TT week being so sold out so early. You can still enjoy the Island in practice week, the roads get closed at 6pm on the practice race days so you're free to travel around the Island in the day time. However tickets may be booked up by now and prices will be higher. NO harm looking though, you will definitely still enjoy the Island during that time.

Edited: 02 March 2017, 17:08
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Isle of Man During the TT

Christy Jade, I am going during tt practice week of 2018. If I am in Peel when they close the track and I need to get to Port St Mary, will there be options to get there?

Level Contributor
340 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Isle of Man During the TT

Yes - possible by road. There is also a very limited bus service whilst roads are closed that you could use - but check schedule closer to the time when TT specific routes announced

Reply to: Isle of Man During the TT
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man