We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caravan parks

lancashire
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
caravan parks

Does anyone know of any caravan sites which are easily accessible from Grange railway station, either on foot or quick taxi ride? Or even somewhere further up the line! We are looking to buy a static caravan, I don't drive and would like to be able to get there under my own steam. I am struggling to find this kind of detail using websites so am hoping someone with knowledge of the area can help. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caravan parks

I do not know if you are still looking for a caravan but Black Beck might suit you as the bus from Kendal to Ulverston passes along the A590 snd it is just and short taixi journey from the bus stop to the caravan park. I do not know if you are aware of the cost implications at a statci site but fees at Black Beck are rsing to almost £3700 in 2014 , an increase of over 6% and your caravan will depreciate over 60% in less than 2 years . You also can only sell to the park owners at Black Beck or remove it from the iste is you want to sell and you cannot bequeath it to your relatives if you die. If you buy on their finance scheme you would probably be in negative equity if you decided to sell iit for any reason at all within 3 year. Static caravans are one of the worst investments you can make and so think before you buy.

lancashire
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: caravan parks

We decided against buying for the very reasons you describe! I'm sure there's a case for people who could get maximum use from it - but that doesn't apply to us. Thanks for replying tho'.

Grange-over-Sands...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caravan parks

Low Fell Gate caravan park is possible, it's not too far a walk or taxi ride, public transport here is a bit sparse!

lancashire
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caravan parks

thank you for replying

Blackpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: caravan parks

Hi

Saw your comments re Black Beck site in Brouth, Cumbria re you could only sell via them but seen one that looks like its being sold privately. Assume the seller would have to pay the site their commission, any idea how much.

Do you know how old the caravans and log cabins have to be before they have to be removed from the site. Does the site have a swimming pool and club house?

Thanks

Reply to: caravan parks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grange-over-Sands
Recent Conversations
More Grange-over-Sands Topics