We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving To Taunton area

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
130 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Moving To Taunton area

My husband works in Somerset and travels from Newton Abbot daily we are looking to relocated but its hard to know where. Lots of developments in and around Taunton . We have looked at Wellington and quite likes it. But want to plan this well as we donot want to move again. We are in are 50's and want to be able to come back to Newton/Exeter to family. Ideally only want one car so want somewhere with decent bus route. What we like:-

Village feel- ideally not a main road running through it!

pub or 2

coffee shop

access to sports club/rugby club

my husband would like to get into bowling (when he retires)

good walks.

We both work for the NHS and my husband covers the whole of Somerset bases are Taunton/ Bridgewater & Yeovil. Any advise much appreciated we intend on visiting and staying but need to have a shortlist I guess :)

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Newton Abbot
Newton Abbot
Devon, UK
Taunton
Taunton
Somerset, UK
Exeter
Exeter
Devon, UK
Yeovil
Yeovil
Somerset, UK
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving To Taunton area

Relocation threads aren't allowed, so this thread may be closed.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
33,611 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving To Taunton area

Wolky TripAdvisor doesn't allow posts about straightforward relocation so it's likely your post will be removed.

I would be inclined to look more towards the North Petherton area so that your husband is travelling directly to each town needed and you are still near the motorway to get down to Exeter.

Mentioned in this post
Exeter
Exeter
Devon, UK
Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving To Taunton area

Before they close the tread, re-phrase the question that you are looking for a week end break in the Taunton area and would like a nice village on a bus route then it should be ok I guess.

Mentioned in this post
Taunton
Taunton
Somerset, UK
4. Re: Moving To Taunton area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2018, 05:36
Get answers to your questions about Taunton