We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boycott Taunton

Bristol, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boycott Taunton

Do not to visit Taunton as tourists are not welcome.

I have been clocked going thro a Bus Gate (no gate in site) following my sat nav to my motel.

thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/…

I am trying to warn as many people as I know and don't know to avoid Taunton as we are not welcome, or is just a tourist tax to tourists, in which case Taunton should put that on their website

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-23531776

Yes, I will never visit Taunton again, you have been warned.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,542 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Boycott Taunton

Is the OP related to the person from Harrogate who told everyone last week to avoid Liverpool because he got a speeding ticket AND a parking ticket when he visited the city?

No doubt the OP is also one of those people who has got a ticket for driving through the bus gate in Bath; that's if he hasn't already got a ticket for driving down a bus lane in his/her hometown of Bristol!

12. Re: Boycott Taunton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 January 2018, 15:52
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Boycott Taunton

I’m reasonably sure that people who drive in and around Taunton, safely, with their eyes open, and actually paying attention to the perfectly clear, unambiguous traffic signs, will be mightily relieved that the OP will never return to the town....I know I would be if I lived in Taunton...

Preposterous whinge....

London
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Boycott Taunton

Deaf and Blind and still driving despite warped thinking problems as well.

Get answers to your questions about Taunton