We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
32 reviews
29 helpful votes
Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

There will be a Christmas Market in fore Street on Sunday, 9th December.

http://www.ipswichevents.co.uk/Markets/ForeStreet/default.html

It promises a huge variety of arts, crafts, household wares,decorations, gifts, and plenty of food and drink.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
1. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

park and ride is free on the 6 sundays and late night shopping up to christmas so would be good to use it saveing money and time

Ipswich, United...
1 post
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

We went, but it was a flop really, only about 10 sellers instead of the projected 30+ mentioned in the advertising. I'm really pleased that we did go as my son bought all of his presents for Christmas, but the overall feeling of it was disappointment.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
32 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

Yes, I was underwhelmed too, though I usually am when it comes to Christmas markets, which never seem to have anything I particularly want. I think the total number of stalls did come close to thirty at its peak if you include the food stalls. Some seemed to have closed earlier than I would have expected.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
4. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

i went to woodbrige on saturdy its a shame ipswich does not have a look what a small market town can do and next year get it right ,

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
32 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

I think part of the problem may have been the choice of Fore Street which is slightly off the beaten path and certainy away from the main shopping area. I think a lot of people simply weren't aware that it was there. If it had been on Cornhill I've no doubt it would have been far more successful. It don't see why this shouldn't have been possible given that it wasn't a market day and they wouldn't have been treading on anyone else's toes.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
6. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December
Save

yes your right cornhill would have been better but after hearing the man from suffolk council this morning on radio suffolf i think he lives on a nother planet,he wants lots of small shops in ipswich not the big boys has he looked at how much rates and rents small shops have to pay,

7. Re: Fore Street Market, Sunday 9th December

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Ipswich
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.