We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting in Ipswich

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Renting in Ipswich
Save

Hi, I will be moving to Ipswich to start work at the hospital and I needed to rent property. I wanted suggestions on areas near the hospital which would be good, safe with connectivity to stores, the coast etc. I do not drive so connectivity is very important for me. And im looking for areas walking distance from the hospital. Any suggestions please? Thank you

2 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
18 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Renting in Ipswich
Save

Kesgrave and Grange Farm are popular areas and very near the hospital, they would be walking distance, Ipswich has a good bus service too. Martlesham Heath is on the hospital side of Ipswich, but a bit further than Kesgrave, the very nice nearby town of Woodbridge is convenient for the hospital, but you really need a car, not so certain about the buses further out, although Woodbridge does have a railway station.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
32 reviews
29 helpful votes
2. Re: Renting in Ipswich
Save

Without a car you would be better off staying in Ipswich itself. If you go onto rightmove.co.uk and click the 'to rent' section you will find a whole load of options to suit all budgets. Each property also links to streetview, so you can see the street and area you are looking at.

The hospital is on the east side of town, so the most convenient postal districts for you are likely to be IP3 and IP4. Ipwich is not a huge town, so from those areas you should be able to travel quickly and easily by bus to the hospital or the town centre. There should even be a few options within walking distance of the hospital.

Reply to: Renting in Ipswich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ipswich
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.