We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a restaurant in the town centre

Sudbury, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

I will be going to watch a play in May at the Regent, and I am looking for somewhere to eat dinner beforehand. Only thing is the show starts at 17:00, and seem to have trouble finding anywhere that serves food before 17:00.

Many thanks in advance.

Ocean Fish Platter
€€ - €€€, Seafood, Mediterranean, British
Mariners
€€€€, French, European, International
Takayama
€€ - €€€, Korean, Japanese, Seafood
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
1. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

The butter market has plenty of different types of restaurants plus a car park that easy to walk to the theatres.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
32 reviews
29 helpful votes
2. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

Are you sure the time you have given is correct? I thought 17.00 seemed unusual, and on checking the Regent Theatre website there appears to be no plays in May at that time, though there are a couple at 19.30 (7.30pm).

Sudbury, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

Yes I have the time right, I am going to watch Avenue Q at 5 pm, on 4th May 2019.

Edited: 2 years ago
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
4. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

Hi wansteader yes i have looked up 4th May 2019 no booking at regent on that day ,is it the Worsley he is talking about

Hucknall, United...
Level Contributor
840 posts
148 reviews
62 helpful votes
5. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

I've looked at the website, there are two showings of this on 4th May 2019 at The Regent as per OP's post, see: https://apps.ipswich.gov.uk/en-GB/shows/avenue%20q/events

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
6. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

Yep your right well done missed that

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
143 reviews
174 helpful votes
7. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

So as i said probably the butter market as good as it get for a late lunch or afternoon eats

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
399 reviews
128 helpful votes
8. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

Cosy club at the buttermarket is a particular favourite.

If not, cardinal park has a few restaurants. All chains - you'll struggle to get an independent in town before 5.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre
Save

If you don’t mind a chain place try Prezzo, Cosy Club, Coast to Coast, Byron or Wagamama in the Buttermarket. For a nice little independent you could try Arlingtons although it’s 5 minutes extra to walk.

10. Re: looking for a restaurant in the town centre

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2020, 05:40
Get answers to your questions about Ipswich
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.