We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Dear all,

I will be visiting Hammerfest with my partner somewhere in the second-third week of September 2018 for a couple of nights and have a couple of questions:

1. are there any budget hostels or other cheap accomodation available in the town, say in the range of EUR 50-100 for two people?

2. what are the main things to see or do in Hammerfest? We are not too adventurous, i.e., not into hiking, trekking, adventure sports, etc., but might like to explore some beautiful places of natural beauty in the vicinity

Best regards,

Kartick

7 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,258 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Hotels will be listed on booking engines. With a bit of luck you should find something for the upper end of your budget. The lower end of your budget would buy you a bed in a hostel dorm or possibly a private room on airbnb. Please note that our currency is NOK.

https://www.hammerfest-turist.no/en/

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Thanks for your response. I have tried searching on booking engines prior to writing the query but couldn't find too many hostels or budget accommodation options (sorry for not explicitly mentioning that in the query). So I was wondering if there are any other such options that are maybe not readily listed on such engines and hence my query.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

The outlook from the hill over Hammerfest is nicely but hard to achieve by car at the moment. Intensive road construction. But you can walk up the hill. At Ellens's Café you get some cake or bread - the coffee is still improvable but the people are very friendly there. Hammerfest Kirke looks special from outside but is very unspectacular from inside. You can also visit "The Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society" to visit the little polar bear exhibition.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 07:35
Mentioned in this post
The Polar Bear Society
The Polar Bear Society
198 Reviews
Hammerfest, Norway
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,258 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Other accomodation options will be listed on airbnb. You can also look for basic camping cabins, but these will be located outside towns and only open in summer season, so might be closing up in September.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 09:21
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,282 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

On the top of the different forums you will find a tab named "Things to do". Looking up this you will find reviews and reports from other visitors.

In main forums you will also find "Top questions about…" the area dedicated for the forum you are in.

The most northern part of Norway is covered by the same contributors - thus posting the same question in several small forums will be reported as "duplicates".

Edited: 08 July 2018, 09:42
Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway, Western Norway, Trondheim, Alesund
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Also take a look at the St Michael Catholic Church, probably the most northerly Catholic Church in the world. And beautiful!

m.thecatholicdirectory.com/listing.cfm…

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?

Its September, the first month of the Northern lights season, so don't forget to check the sky when its clear, maybe you'll see lady Aurora dance over your heads..;)

And there's quite many AirBnb options in Hammerfest too, please check this one, https://tinyurl.com/ycqg7h6v

Reply to: Budget accomodation and to-dos in Hammerfest?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hammerfest
More Hammerfest Topics