We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

How far is the Hilton on the Danube from the main train station and the major sites like the Shonbrunmn and the Hofburg

thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,682 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

It is located next to the Danube River and off the city center. By comparison, if we were in New York, you would be located in the Upper West Side. The area there is not that exciting but by subway line U2 you could reach the city center quickly. Schönbrunn would be farther away as it is situated West of the center. But by subway it is easy to get there.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

Is it a safe area?

I dont know much about Vienna, I dont even know if the pickpockets are as bad as elsewhere

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,682 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

In Vienna we do not have dangerous areas as found in other cities. Vienna is one of the safest cities in the world! But that does not mean that we do not have crime and that you may switch off your brain! Pickpockets also operate in Vienna but not as agressive as in other cities. Keep an eye on your belongings when taking the subway. I have never been a victim of such a crime.

The area your hotel is located in is fairly calm, mainly residential. No problems at all. Just avoid Mexikoplatz (Mexico Square) in the late evening if you want 100% reassurance. But if you always take subway line U2, then you won't get through the square mentioned.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

Can I get from the Main Train Station (I am arriving from Budapest) to this hotel or should I just take a Taxi (I dont really like taking taxis)

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,194 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

From Wien Meidling station take a northbound suburban train S2 to Praterstern. Change there to underground line U2 to Stadion station which is very near the hotel.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,682 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

You do not have to take a taxi because of safety, just if you want your transport as easy as possible.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

Do you know the difference in price for 2 people if I took a Taxi or I took Public transport?

New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

I did a quick search on s-bahn vs U-bahn

My understanding is S-bahn is a commuter train and U-bahn is a Metro or Subway

Here in the states commuter trains tend to run every 30-60 mins and Subways about every 5-10 mins (depending on time of the day) and it is a seperate ticket.

Is that how it works in Vienna.?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,194 posts
104 reviews
9. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

Nope, S bahn runs every few minutes (say 10) and uses same ticket as U-Bahn. So total journey would need one €2 ticket each. Guess a cab out there would be €15 or so.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
10. Re: How far is this Hotel from Major Sites

Are there alot of steps taking the train with Luggage and a cranky wife