We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Bratislava

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Train to Bratislava

Hi,

I'll be spending 4 nights in Vienna during July. I was thinking i might take a day on the train to Bratislava if i find myself with spare time, how easy will this be to arrange on the spot?, and how practical to go there and back in the same day?

any Tips for things to see in Vienna while i'm there?

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Train to Bratislava

Please read all the earlier threads about going to Bratislava and you get your answers their easily.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
2. Re: Train to Bratislava

I've done some browsing and I'm getting the impression i can just buy a ticket from a ticket machine to bratislava, but i'm not sure if i need to book anything in advance or how late the train back runs??

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,182 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Train to Bratislava

No need to book, just buy on the day as you say. Last direct train is at 22:42.

Edited: 15 May 2013, 04:32
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
4. Re: Train to Bratislava

Great, thanks... that looks like i can just wing it when i get there depending how my exploring of vienna goes

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,071 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Train to Bratislava

It is a local commuter train - impossible to book in advance. There isn't a lot to see in Bratislava, but if you have run out of things to do, go for it.

All trains go from the new Hauptbahnhof, buy the ticket from one of the machines there - it is a return ticket and can be used on public transport in BA (necessary as neither station is in the centre). Do not be tempted to get a taxi!

6. Re: Train to Bratislava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 06:19