We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A hole in the wall?

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
446 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
A hole in the wall?

Hello fellow travelers,

When I travel I like to try all kinds of restaurants. I'm doing the Mozart dinner concert, and also having dinner at another super nice and fancy restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. With that said.. I'd also love to find me a "hole in the wall" where I can experience a yummy meal in a simple and cozy setting. I'd love to hear your suggestions :)

Thank you in advance and happy travels.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A hole in the wall?

In Goldgasse, right in the heart of the old town, is the hotel Goldene Ente. Their restaurant is very cosy and they serve excellent traditional Austrian food. We had a meal in there one rainy night in December and the atmosphere inside was fantastic. No smoking too.

2. Re: A hole in the wall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 20:45
South Florida...
Level Contributor
446 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A hole in the wall?

It does look cozy and definitely fantastic. I can see myself sitting at one of those tables enjoying an exquisite glass of wine along with my husband, who's also a wine lover.

I also loved the white beds in the rooms.. It'd be like sleeping in my own bed, but I'm already booked somewhere else.

Thanks a million for your suggestion :)

4. Re: A hole in the wall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Salzburg