We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can i get to Salzburg

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
How can i get to Salzburg

Does anyone know if i can get a direct flight from the UK to any airpot then go into Salzburg by bus or train, even if it means flying to Germany.

We love Austria but during the summer months we just cannot seem to get direct flights from any of our local airports. It's a wonder there are any tourists as it is so hard to get there.

The direct flights only seem to be from London with Ryanair, and the drive to London is about 4-5 hours for us, as we are only wanting 2 nights it means a lot of tiresome travel to get there and back.

I've looked at Salzburg,Vienna and Innsbruck. Nothing. I've given myself headache searching. Any ideas anyone?

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can i get to Salzburg

Lufthansa fly directly from Manchester to Munich.

You can travel from Munich airport easily and cheaply by rail. You can buy a Bayern Ticket for €29 from a ticket machine at the airport, which covers 5 adults for the day. Then, take either of the two S-Bahn routes (S1 or S8) to Munich, where you can change for a train to Salzburg.

The website bahn.de will give you a timetable. Choose "local transport only" to get the trains the Bayern Ticket is valid on.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can i get to Salzburg

Thanks for info,,, any idea how long the train journey takes from munich to salzburg... i am thinking we could have a night in both cities ...

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can i get to Salzburg

35 minutes airport to Munich.

1 hour 45 minutes Munich to Salzburg.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can i get to Salzburg

Easyjet Manchester - Munich

5. Re: How can i get to Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 06:17