We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

Will be in Salzburg on xmas day and unfortunately cannot find the name os restaurants open. The web site for salzburg info is down other then the info on tourist attractions.

Also was wondering if anyone out there had done the 8hr sleigh ride tour.

It seems a long time all in and would like some feed back if possible.

Thanks

Bambireland

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

When we were there for Christmas a few years ago, some girls staying at our hotel did the 8 hr sleigh ride on Christmas and loved it. Said it was the highlight of their trip.

Salzburg city had no snow but they went to Ramsau and actually got out and made a snowman and had a snowball fight. A wonderful dinner was included as well and dinner on Christmas Day without prior reservations is hard to come by.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

We are also spending Christmas in Salzburg and have made reservations for Christmas eve dinner through Panorama tours (they are very prompt with their responses). As we will be spending Christmas day skiing in Flachau, we have also asked Panorama to make Christmas night dinner reservations and they have confirmed that they would be able to do so - we are waiting for the English menu at the moment. I can't remember the name of the restaurant off hand (but it is a highly recommended on through this forum) however. We will be spending Boxing day doing the one day excursion to the Alps with Horse sleigh ride (my son cannot wait for this part of the trip actually so it'd better be good) and have gathered from many that this is a very memorable part of everyone's trip.

ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

Thanks for your replies

I was thinking of the sleigh ride also but thought 8 hrs might be a rather long day. Are you doing the full day trip? We will be in Munich on xmas eve. Travelling to Salzburg on xmas day for 2 days then back to munich.

Not sure what trip to do. Had thought of the xmas markets trip at st Wolfgang etc. Although I think it is easy enough to bus it to St Wolfgang and St gilden.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

for dining - open everyday

Sternbrau-

good menu

www.sternbraeu.at

visit to the Christmas markets by Wolfgangsee is a great trip-

easily done on your own with an easy bus ride #150 from the train station-

www.wolfgangsee.at

Doing this on your own allows for making your own schedule and spending as much or as little time as you want in each village- cheaper too.

ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

Thanks Vienna for your reply.

.Can I buy the bus ticket on board? I will look at the sites you sent me. Last year we went to Prague. Have booked for Munich then thought we would do salzburg on a day trip. Have now changed plans to stay in Salzburg 25th 26th Dec and wanted something magical to do.

Xmas markets in Munich finish on the 24th Dec which is when we arrive which is a bit dissapointing.

Travelling with hubby son and mum. Want it to be memorable.

Once again thanks for your help.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

The Christmas markets, surroundings . the lake , probably snow on th emountains make for a great visit to Wolfgangsee area.

tickets are less than 6 euro one way - available from bus driver too.

ride takes just over 1 hour with nice scenery too.

ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

Thanks again vienna.

I won't do the sleigh ride. All being well I will take them to Wolfgangsee on christmas day. I think that will be just as memorable and it sounds lovely.

ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

I should have asked Vienna is it possible to buy returns on the busses and do you know if the Bayern ticket can be used , or is the Bayern ticket only for Germany. Should I but the salzburg card for the use on the buses if there are 4 of us? Would that be more economical?

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

The bayern Ticket is only good in Bavaria Germany . and/or for the train from Bayern into Salzburg city train station- for the purpose of this ticket the bayern ticket considers this station as part of the Bayern system

The salzburg card is usually recommended for those doing visitng in the city of Salzburg.

It includes public transport but only in the city.

Savings on admissions make it a bargain - again for the city.

check here

www.salzburg.info.en

do not confuse the above with the Salzburgland card - but I believe this is only good May - October.

10. Re: Restaurants open salzburg 25th Dec/ Horse sleigh ride tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 05:16