We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time skiers

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First time skiers

After years of thinking about it my Husband and I are finally looking to book our first ski holiday and as beginners we've been recommended Andorra. I've done a bit of research but would like some advice from experienced travellers to area.

We are in our mid 40s and are looking for a resort that's relatively lively with a good choice of bars/restaurants and caters for beginners. When it comes to accommodation aslong as it's clean, good service/food then it doesn't always have to be the most expensive. I'm not sure how much time you spend in your hotel on a ski holiday but I gather that being close to the to ski lifts is a plus but what other facilities should we be looking out for and can anyone recommend some places? We are thinking of going at the end of Feb/beginning of March, is this generally a good time to go?

I worked in the travel industry many years back so know the top ski tour ops, is it recommended to book through one of these or is it better to do it all independently?

Hoping we can get some good advice to make our first ski trip a fantastic one.

1 reply
London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First time skiers

I learnt to ski in solder 5 years ago and have taken my kids there to now learn too, English teachers, very good love it there going in March and taking friends this time too. Stayed in both the piolet hotels, we go back to the spa but that's cos it has a kids room. Not sure of places for dinner as go half board but a few bars outside of those in hotels so a good social place. Def recommend it. If go with travel agent crystal and neilsons do beginner packs lessons passes and ski for a lump price.

Reply to: First time skiers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soldeu