We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski rental - do they store them for you until the next day?

1 post
Save Topic
Ski rental - do they store them for you until the next day?

Hi everyone. my question is probably too basic. I'm traveling to Soldeu - Grandvalira for a ski week in a couple of months. I'm planning to rent ski equipment in one of the stores next to the gondola/ski lifts in the mountain base. When you rent for multiple days, are you expected to return the equipment every day after you have finished for the day, and then pick it back the next morning, and they keep your own shoes while you are skiing?

In Argentina where I live that's the common practice, and it's quite nice as you don't need to carry the skis all over the place or walk in your ski boots. When I went skiing to France, I found that the stores will just give you the equipment and you have to deal with it during the full week, which was a bit anoying. I guess there it made sense as you were supposed to ski in different areas with your ski passes - and these places were not inter connected at the top but you had to take a bus or drive in between (which is not the case in Grandvalira).

Can anyone let me know what's the common practive in Grandvalira/Soldeu please? The ski rental websites don't seem to make any reference to this.

Thank you in advance!

1 reply
Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski rental - do they store them for you until the next day?

You keep it for the duration .

There are ski lockers available at the station though

Reply to: Ski rental - do they store them for you until the next day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soldeu
Recent Conversations