We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area

Level Contributor
26 posts
29 reviews
Best area

Never been to Cyprus before. Looking for a nice area for a couple 40 - 50 age group. Like to walk to restaurants in the evening. Nice tradional area. Thank you

4 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Best area

Polis might suit you.

Level Contributor
26 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Best area

Thank you

London
Level Contributor
91 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Best area

You have put this in the Paphos forum. Does that mean you have already chosen Paphos, or at least using Paphos airport? There is a bit of a tension between your two desires> By traditional, I assume you mean not developed for tourism, on the other hand you want restaurants in walking distance, which does tend to mean developed for tourism.

The suggestion of Polis is probably a good compromise, but the town is a bit quiet and there is not a great deal to do. You'd need a car to get anywhere, including the beach.

If the priority is good restaurants in walking distance, then the best choice is probably Limassol near the old town/castle area. It's in a large town though. If it a compromise between restaurants and having beach/things to see, then probably Paphos.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Best area

It you are a beach person Paphos may not be for you there are no nice beaches to stroll on ,this was a disappointment to me when I visited a few years ago .There are some sandy coves but no long stretches of beach maybe Coral Bay might be more suitable .

Reply to: Best area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos