We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bellapais

bham
11 posts
bellapais

Hi, we are staying at the bellapais gardens for 9 days in october. Trying to decide how long to hire a car for -are we in walking distance of Kyrenia and if not, is there a small convenience shop up in the village in case we need any provisions ?

will hire a car for the full time if we are miles from any shops!

also there seems to be 3-4 decent restaurants in bellapais if I have read right?

thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: bellapais

We drove out to Bellapais from Kyrenia and, if my memory serves me well, it was a fair distance. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. There were shops in the village.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
2. Re: bellapais

Hi sophieracer

Been there many times it's quicker from Bellapais to kyrenia as it is down hill seriousley you need a car. I know there are a few restaurants but shops am not too sure

Kev

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: bellapais

There is a small convenience shop just around the corner 'Tatlisu Market'(Sweet water),for basic requirements and a rather dated clothes shop opposite the Council office, a few bars and 8 restaurants but thats it, Nearest Supermarket (Starlings), realistically a 45 -60 minute walk!!, then You've the walk back(Uphill).

London
Level Contributor
35 posts
111 reviews
4. Re: bellapais

Hire a car for duration of your holiday. It's such a beautiful island and well worth exploring by car

bham
11 posts
5. Re: bellapais

thanks guys. have hired a car for 6 out of the 9 nine days so we can do some exploring!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: bellapais

Since you have car, you must go to the 'panhandle'! Gorgeous aquamarine sea, stunning views, lovely people.

7. Re: bellapais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations