We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

Rastrick, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

We are going back to Pia Bella in September and, as part of the package, there is a day trip to Nicosia. However, my wife has a bad knee so I wondered how long the trip is, how long is the stay in Nicisia and will there be much walking or can we get around easily? Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

No set formula for Nicosia , Try asking who you booked with

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

Just done this last week. Beware that as part of the free trip they take you to an industrial estate which has a jewellery shop and you stay approx hour and a half. It’s expensive jewellery and a bIt of a hard sell but just say no. There is a fare bit of walking around Nicosia but you can do it at your own leisure if you don’t want to go with the tour guide. About 3 hours in Nicosia all in. Got picked up at Pia Bella at 9 and back for 5. Well worth going.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

I'm 47 and have been told I need a new knee... no surgery to help. Other half has a metal knee ...( smashed knee)

I would not put anyone through an hour and a half of sales for a free trip....

trying to "flog" me jewellery without knowing if I had aircon, good seating or the ability to walk about...

I've not been on this trip... but 90 min sell... do you need a trip that much?

Edited: 12 July 2018, 23:14
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

cideristhefuture - When we bought the holiday CP just said free trip to Nicosia is included. It wasn't until we were at the welcome meeting it was mentioned hence my heads.

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise

I have just returned from Kyrenia with my sister. We went on the Nicosia day trip which was very interesting. There is a quite a bit of walking and as the weather is so hot your wife may not cope very well. The pavements are uneven and to get to the old town from the coach drop off point is about a good 10-15 minute walk.

Beware if the day trip is also visiting Bufavento Jewellers. They are professional pressurised sellers who do not take no for an answer. My sister made a purchase but we are both concerned that the ring once valued will be less than half the price paid. I have also seen other reviews now I have returned to the UK stating that they are rip off merchants and other people have found that their jewellery is not worth the price paid.

On another note also beware of luggage theft. Our luggage went missing in transit and did not arrive in Kyrenia when we did. When we did get the cases the next day, both had been opened and items had been stolen from both cases, this was when both had been secured with padlocks. I would strongly recommend that you pay for the bag wrap once you get to the airport prior to check in to prevent theft as this seems to be what all other passengers flying to Kyrenia seem to do. Clearly they know that theft is common practice. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Reply to: Nicosia day trip with Cyprus Paradise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations