We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love or hate it?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Love or hate it?

Hi, i have booked to go to qawra palace next Easter. People who i have told all seem to have formed the same sort of opinions that it's an island that you either love or hate. My querie is what is it that people don't seem to like about it?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Love or hate it?

Hey Sean the cold stores sound pretty good where can I get more information?

London
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Love or hate it?

We could have had this thread simply about Kinnie!

Ntd

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Love or hate it?

Re-cold stores, Sean you may be kidding but yonot too far off the truth, up until not that many years ago were the old british miliatry cold stores in Msida, it has been knocked down now so is no longer cold, in fact if it is now a open area it will be very hot, also re-scorpions Ntd, in the words of Oasis don't look back in Ongar.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,899 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Love or hate it?

I am pleased to see Terry Thomas has returned to the forum !!!!!

Graham

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Love or hate it?

Stop it Vince! Some of the things to hate about Malta have been entertaining I agree. It isn't all rosy, and I have my own personal dislikes.

Any one want to add to the list of unlikely tourist sights and attractions? How about "Go back in time and see how they still live in the 19th century - visit Siggiewi" ?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Love or hate it?

Try the adventure playground on the Bormla waterfront!. Lots of splash pools for the kids to play in. It's a shame they've turned the off road track into a proper road though!

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Love or hate it?

Touché Sean old boy touché.

London
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Love or hate it?

it may be a corny old chestnut, what I hate the most about the islands.......leaving!

Ntd

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
49. Re: Love or hate it?

I have seen plenty of snakes in both Malta and Gozo mostly in the countryside basking in the sun, I have also seen plenty of ladders but mostly in DIY shops and attached to scaffolding, but that's the ups and downs of Maltese life.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Love or hate it?

I've been there 3 times and never noticed any dog poo! Now, Amsterdam is full of it!