We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Berg

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Berg

Just putting this here in case tripadvisor will not let me leave a review for a hotel I did not stay in.

We booked this hotel months in advance baed on it's great reviews and location. Three weeks before our trip our reservation was cancelled by the hotel as they are renovating.

I get that this happens, but no way did the hotel just decide to renovate. Those plans take a while.

For us to book to en suite hotel rooms this close to our trip in Iceland was much more costly.

Better communication would be good.

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Berg

Sorry to hear that. There is nothing about renovations on their webpage or fb page. Weird. https:/…

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Berg

I checked that too, if you attempt to book, everything is booked for quite some time.

My guess is they planned to renovate and did not notify booked guests until as close as possible to the dates.

I have found alternative, yet more costly, accommodations. But I am not amused as I booked far ahead to get a good price.

Though still really looking forward to the trip, cannot let crazy stuff get you down.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
339 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Berg

what a shame, it's a great B&B, plush and high end, near the airport too. I've stayed there in the past and just booked a night for my 2017 trip.

Edited: 19 September 2016, 03:30
UK
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Berg

How long are they closed for? We are due to stay there in a couple of weeks?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Berg

What would be the point of accepting bookings for a period they have already decided to be closed? They would have nothing to gain from it, it would only cause problems since they would have to cancel bookings, process refunds etc.

I think it's more likely that there was something more immediate that needed to be fixed as quickly as possible.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Berg

This is the message I got from booking.com.

"We’ve just learned that, unfortunately, Hotel Berg won’t be able to honour this reservation and accommodate you on the dates of your planned stay. This is because the property will be undergoing renovations and will be closed between 2016-10-03 and 2016-11-14, including these dates and will therefore be unable to host guests."

A whole 60 days does not sound like fixing immediate problems. But I have no issue with them renovating, I have an issue with such short notice and a lack of other decent options.

@falconut Book something just in case, that is refundable. Perhaps contact the hotel, and let us know what you hear. My reservation has been cancelled already, so not much point me emailing them. Plus I did not book directly with them.

UK
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Berg

We are only there for one night on the 10th October, I have booked through Booking.com also, but have had no correspondence from them about it at all, so maybe they are shut in November?

I've emailed that to check.

UK
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Berg

Yup, they are indeed shut all Oct and Nov, would have been nice to have been told before now!, lucky I saw it on here otherwise that could have been an issue.

Better try and find something else now........

UK
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Berg

"Good day,

We are currently doing renovations at Hotel Berg. Unfortunately, due to unexpected developments in these renovations, we need to close the hotel from October 3rd to November 14th. Therefore, we cannot fulfill our verified bookings for this time period.

We regret this situation, especially how short notice this is. This was an unexpected turn of events and we have no other options at this time.

We will gladly help you to find other accomodation in our area if you would like us to do so. Just notify us of your needs and we will assist you in any way we can.

We recommend this Hotel

http://www.hoteljazz.is/"

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Berg

Yes, I have booked at hotel Jazz, it was about the best options I found locally, with equally good reviews. Many of the other options had shared baths. Though we are now paying 15 EUR more per night, per room We are just one night too.

I got he email from booking.com yesterday evening.

Glad you found out soon enough to snag another option.