We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

A B
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

Four of us adults will be arriving early morning into KEF airport and need to arrange transportation to Blue Lagoon/Silica Hotel, where we will stay one night. Next day, we will need transportation from Silica Hotel to our hotel near Hallgrimskirkja. Suggestions on best way to do so? Flybus both segments? I think there’s a Flybus transfer from airport to Reykjavik that includes a stop at the Blue Lagoon, but can it be split over two days? If there’s four of us, does a taxi make more sense? Any advice is much appreciated!

6 replies to this topic
Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
14,082 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

I am quite certain that the shuttle transfers are open tickets (with the only exception of the ones who need to be picked up by some specific hotel... you know... getting to KEF for a flight).

You may send FlyBus an email to be sure.

A taxi would cost around 8,000 ISK one way. I'd definitely take the FlyBus.

PS: Welcome to the forum !!

Edited: 25 November 2017, 12:47
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

As you arrive early AM, and check-in time for Silica Hotel is 3pm, have you booked the night before arrival, so you can immediately check-in? If not, what do you plan to do until check-in?

As their are 4 in your party, and the hotel is 1km from the BL, a taxi may be a cost effective option. The Fly-bus is much less, but it is a per person cost, while the taxi is a flat fee for your group.

A B
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

Thank you for the replies! I checked with FlyBus and we can use the airport to Silica Hotel transfer one day and Silica Hotel to our Reykjavik hotel the next day. They also said the bus can drop us off at Silica Hotel if we ask the driver! We plan to check our luggage at the front desk instead of paying additional for early check in, as the hotel is already quite pricey!

Oldham, United...
5 posts
4. Re: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

Hello,

I am also trying to get from Keflavik to the Silica Hotel.

Just a couple of questions, we are only in Iceland for 2 days, is getting the Flybus painless? We just don't want to waste time.

Also, do you know what stop to get off? I've been on the Flybus website, and none of the stops say Blue Lagoon / Silica Hotel.

Thanks,

Luke

Canada
Level Contributor
10,565 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

Flybus doesn't stop at the Blue Lagoon/Silica. Go to the Blue Lagoon website for transport info or look into Reykjavik Excursions.

Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
149 reviews
6. Re: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk

Yes the Flybus is painless. You can either get a ticket at the kiosk as you arrive or you can get it ahead of time and proceed directly to the bus. Buses depart very frequently. It will be obvious when you get to the blue lagoon but if you are super nervous about it, just ask the driver as you board.

Reply to: Transfer from KEF to Silica Hotel (stay 1 night) then Reyk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted