We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike between Hellar and Arnarstapi

England
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Hike between Hellar and Arnarstapi

Is this route easy to find? Do we need a map/instructions or how do we find our way? Is it an ok trip to do with children? Where do we park? Any places to eat close by? What would you combine this walk with in the local area that is equally as special?

Hugely grateful for any thoughts on this!!

Thanks so much

21 replies to this topic
Cabeceiras de Basto
Level Contributor
298 posts
3 reviews
21. Re: Hike between Hellar and Arnarstapi

The finest bit is closer to Arnarstapi, but the whole path is beautiful and it takes close to an hour (one way) to go easy and appreciate the landscape as it deserves. Walking back will be a little quicker. I've done the way from the café in Hellnar at the head of the trail back to the parking lot in Arnarstapi in just over half an hour, but I was not taking pictures on the way or stopping to catch my breath. The walk has a large section of rocky terrain but it's easy enough even for children and senior people. The road takes a longer way and it's very steep both at the beginning and at the end, and it surely can get dangerous under poor visibility conditions, because there are no shoulders or sidewalks.

Edited: 23 September 2018, 22:17
Reply to: Hike between Hellar and Arnarstapi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted