We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki

Wessex, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
17 helpful votes
Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Save

Flight gets in late (23.40). I'm not sure, from looking at the map, quite how far the hotel is from the station (and airport bus terminal), and whether it will be safe to walk late at night. I'd prefer to avoid the expense of a taxi from the airport, if possible. Any thoughts, anyone?

5 replies to this topic
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
94 reviews
81 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Save

Perfectly safe to walk, takes appr 5 mins.

Map; http://maps.google.fi/maps?saddr=Rautatieasema,+Helsinki&daddr=Scandic+Simonkentt%C3%A4,+Simonkatu,+Helsinki&hl=fi&ie=UTF8&ll=60.169669,24.937431&spn=0.004302,0.013937&sll=60.168405,24.942105&sspn=0.008603,0.027874&geocode=FXsglgMdqpB8ASmzCHT5zAuSRjHoJDDLcuy98A%3BFcwblgMd6oB8ASE3hml_3hUtnCnPcaWjzAuSRjE3hml_3hUtnA&oq=scandic+sim&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=17

Wessex, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Save

Many thanks - I'll take the bus, then!!

1 post
3. Re: Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Save

I made a reservation at your hotel for August 5, and 6 2015. I was on the hotel search and gave me problems logging in on my computer; There was a problem and it gave me a phone number for help. I called telephone #866-296-8122, they took all the information plus my credit card and they were suppose to send me confirmation right away. I haven't had a reply. Can you check and see if I have a reservation for 2 people for 2 nights for a room, twin beds, no smoking/? Thank you, My name is Kenneth R. Williams, Phone 203-353-9800. Email: kenandcarolwilliams@gmail.com

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
10,512 posts
70 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Save

Uh, you're asking the wrong people, Ken W. This is Trip Advisor, not Scandic.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Save

Yep, we are all volunteers on the site. The Destination Expert badge means just, that we give a lot of our free time to travellers interested in our lovely country.

Here's a thread discussing the connections between the airport and the city:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189934-i444-k7053962-Airport_to_city-Helsinki_Southern_Finland.html

And since SImonkenttä is so close to the _bus_ terminals for long haul & Espoo commuter buses, it might be wise to point out that the buses to the airport leave logically enough from the RAILWAY station and the Railway square, the hub for buses within Helsinki / Vantaa direction.

+ in August there's a new train connection to the Airport.

Reply to: Hotel Scandic Simonkentta, Helsinki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southern Finland
More Southern Finland Topics
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.