We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to stay in Turku Archipelago?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
3 helpful votes
Good place to stay in Turku Archipelago?
Save

Hi Everyone,

Going to Finland next summer. Would like to spend a couple of days biking, swimming, kayaking...what towns in the Archipelago are best for this? Do we need a car?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
1. Re: Good place to stay in Turku Archipelago?
Save

I have been biking there a couple of times and have always anjoyed Nauvo. Charming little town and conveniently located to further explore the Archipelago.

From Nauvo (or was it Korppoo, which is next to Nauvo) you could take a ferry to Kökar for example.

Some might disagree, but the Archipelago is best explored by a bike :) IMHO you don't need a car. There are buses also, but those I know nothing about.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Good place to stay in Turku Archipelago?
Save

Thank you, wonderful advice-I will do some research! Do you recommend a particular accommodation in Nauvo?

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
3. Re: Good place to stay in Turku Archipelago?
Save

Besides camping Majatalo Martta is the only place I've stayed there. They seem to get picky reviews on Tripadvisor, which surprises me a bit. They do better on Booking.com.

OK, maybe the room was a bit too romantic for my taste, but it was clean, neat, breakfast was great and I especially loved their morning sauna. It is one of the most special saunas I've been to, but really, really good. For modest ones it had seperate sides for men and women.

Reply to: Good place to stay in Turku Archipelago?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southern Finland
More Southern Finland Topics
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.