We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salla, Log cabins, self catering

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
25 helpful votes
Salla, Log cabins, self catering

hello, i am going to salla and staying in a log cabin. how much is an average meal in the restaurants? and is alchohol expensive? Is it easy to get to the main village for provisions or should we take things with us. all help appreciated.Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
30 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: Salla, Log cabins, self catering

Meals in restaurants are about 15 - 20 €. A good steak can be 30 €. You can get a descent wine for 10 € cheapest are 7 €. I wonder if you stay at Sallatunturi "fell"? It's then 10 km to Salla centre, and I wonder if there is any public transportation.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Salla, Log cabins, self catering

thanks very much for the information it is very helpful for budgeting for our trip. we are staying at the ski resort I will try to find out about the buses to get to a supermarket.

thanks Jackie

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
3. Re: Salla, Log cabins, self catering

There are very few bus connections between Sallatunturi ski resort and the village of Salla. But the distance is just some 10 km so a taxi wouldn't cost too much.

Some more info (with links to bus timetables and info about "shopping trips"):

http://loma.salla.fi/en/getting_there/

"Shopping in Salla transportation by taxi or bus from Sallatunturi to Salla and back to Sallatunturi when needed. Reservations from Sallatunturin Tuvat or Holiday Club Salla receptions. Taxi - bus Reijo Virkkula tel. +358400-394 473 / email: r.virkkula@gmail.com"

Reply to: Salla, Log cabins, self catering
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salla
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.