We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

I am looking to book a week in Salla this December but was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to how much the activities cost? I am booking through lastminute who are including husky rides and reindeer safari for free but I would like to hire snowboarding equipment, also go ice fishing and maybe snowmobiling. Does anyone know how much these cost roughly?

Also this is at the Revontuli Spa Hotel - if anyone has stayed here your comments would be very welcome! What is the likelihood of getting a room with double bed instead of twin singles?!

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
84 reviews
213 helpful votes
1. Re: Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

if it with lastmin then it is an inghams holiday - all their prices are on line at http://www.inghams.co.ul

if yo do a sudo booking and then as you go through the booking the extras/excursions will come up with al the prices

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
12,206 posts
77 reviews
80 helpful votes
2. Re: Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

You can check out excursion prices direct with local providers here: http://loma.salla.fi/en/wilderness/

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
84 reviews
213 helpful votes
3. Re: Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

I don't know about salla but the local prices in levi, saariselka and yllas were much more expensive than the trips with inghams (for the same trips)

are you going self catering? if so be warned that there is only a mini mart in the area of salla where the tour ops take you, the main supermarket is about 10 k away so you will need to factor in this additional costs for the bus (and the inconvenience)

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
692 posts
30 reviews
56 helpful votes
4. Re: Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

As mentioned before, prices etc are available via Inghams website (I'm pretty sure Inghams is the only tour company goining to Salla this year). You may need to start making a booking in order to get to the price list of different options, but that is before the booking confirmation/payment.

As for Hotel Revontuli, I have never stayed there myself but I know it has been refurbished past few years. Inghams rates it as 3 1/2 stars: http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/hotels/item143269/revontuli-spa-hotel-i8760/

As for double beds - twin beds are pretty much standard in Finnish hotels, so I'd rate the chance of getting a double bed instead of two separate beds nonexistent...

And, if you are staying at the hotel, I guess you'd be on half-board, in which case the lack of a proper supermarket would not be an issue.

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
692 posts
30 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

FYI for those going to Salla, the supermarkets that can be found in the village are:

K-MARKET PUOLUKKA (note the ALKO shop is located in the same premises), S-MARKET ERÄTULI, and SIWA

You could try contacting them and asking if they could deliver - worth a shot. Perhaps if they get enough enquiries they might be inspired a put together a system to serve customers at the resort.

Contact information can be found in:

http://www.salla.fi/Resource.phx/sivut/sivut-salla/kansio1/yritysrekisteri/elintk.htx

6. Re: Excursions and Activity prices in Salla

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Salla
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.