We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there snow there?

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
25 helpful votes
is there snow there?

Going on 1st Feb and want to know if there is snow in Salla and if so how much?

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
692 posts
30 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: is there snow there?

Currently at least 2-3 feet.

http://www.fmi.fi/weather/local.html?map=lumi&place=Salla&station=0&param=0

Halifax
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: is there snow there?

We returned 11th and plenty of snow. You can expect more by the end of the month. Have a great holiday Salla is lovely but very quiet and expensive. If you are s/c I suggest you take food as taxi cost us 50 euro return. Minimarket is 2 shelves really and 4.20 euro bread, 5 cereal and I saw pizza at 11! Taxi to town is worth the money we did a large shop for 100 euro. Wine 5 euro bottle it is 5 per glass in ski resort. We took a playstation to keep our 10 year old entertained and we could use for DVD's. We have been to levi twice and it is much cheaper as more bars ect

I took beans, soup in foil packets curry the same and microwave rice for arriving first night. We ate out 2 steaks and kids meal 1 glass wine 2 beers and coke 80 plus euro!! 20 euro hotel minimarket for bread milk eggs and bottle coke, crazy! Butter was 5 euro and I refused to pay, in the town I paid 1 euro. Anything you can take I suggest you do

3. Re: is there snow there?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Salla
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.