We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid April 2018 in Inari

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
15 helpful votes
Mid April 2018 in Inari
Save

Hi all,

I would like to ask if the activities in Inari are still in operation during mid April 2018? Activities like husky rides, snow mobile, Aurora camps & etc? As I understand most activities cease in end March for nellim & Muotka area or other areas of ivalo.

Also how many hours of daylights do I get in Inari area during april? Are the chances of seeing northern lights high in mid april?

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
82 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: Mid April 2018 in Inari
Save

It's still winter there with snow on the ground so the activities should be running providing that they have enough customers then. In April you'll have already over 12 hours of daylight, so the time window for being able to see the northern lights diminishes quickly the further the winter/spring progresses. In mid April the daylight time in those latitudes is already about 16 hours from app. 5 am. to past 9 pm.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Mid April 2018 in Inari
Save

Wow. Didn’t know by mid april it’s already more than 16hrs of daylights. I guess that leaves a slim chance of seeing the northern lights with only few hours at night.

Reply to: Mid April 2018 in Inari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inari
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.