We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Trips to Lapland

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Trips to Lapland

I'm looking at taking a trip to Lapland, with my wife and 6 year old son flying from Aberdeen. At the moment all I can find is a one day with Santa Trips. Has anyone had any recent experience of Santa Trips? A one day trip may not be ideal but flying from Aberdeen is a bonus.

Thanks,

Newcastle upon...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Trips to Lapland

Hi we went in dec 2011 with santa trips for 4 nights half board to yllas we booked in Oct 2011 and got a really good deal, we paid the price we had been quoted earlier in the year for a day trip. I found them really good but if you can i would look at going for a few days.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Trips to Lapland

great - thanks

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Trips to Lapland

please dont go for a day, its sucha long day and any delays causes such your day to be ruined - you will also pay the same for a day as you will for several

I understand about your location but if you are going to invest in so much money for this trip then do it properly and that may mean an internal flight to another airport

do check out barrhead travel as they are scottish based and may do trips

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Trips to Lapland

Definitely don't go with First Choice / Falcon - the trip from hell.

Lots of promises of a magical experience, but the truth was a tacky theme park.

We went for a one day trip and that was more than enough. If we'd been stuck there for longer I'd have been begging someone to let us go home.

We were so disappointed and my older child has serious questions about the validity of Santa after this trip and he was only 7 when we went! Devastated doesn't even cover it.

However there are apparently good companies doing a much better trip - Canterbury Travel is supposed to be great. Pity we didn't go with them :(

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Trips to Lapland

Hi,we went with first choice on a 3 night 4 day stay and could not fault them,we had a great stay,so much we have booked again for Jan 2013.but we are going to go skiing this time.think the one day experience would be far to much of a rush.3 days was not enough for us.

6. Re: Santa Trips to Lapland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:42