We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

Surfers Paradise...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

Hi, we want to visit Gothenburg and the west coast Kungshamn Sweden in 2018. Considering the first 2 weeks of April or the last 2 weeks of September. What are the pros and cons please. THANKS

Mentioned in this post
Gothenburg
Gothenburg
Vastra Gotaland County, Sweden
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
6 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,938 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

September will be warmer and more summer-like, with summer vegetation and maybe even a possible option for swimming a bit.

The tourist season tends to be short in Sweden, mainly mid-June until late August.

Edited: 18 December 2017, 22:11
Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Surfers Paradise...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

Hi thank you for the info. Looks like we may need to go in April. Is there much activity in April are outdoor cafes open etc please?

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

April is known for its very unpredictable weather we even call unpredictable weather "april-weather". We swedes do crawe the sun so if its sunny and nice weather there will probably be some uteserveringar-cafés open for some lapping in of the sun and they will probably supply you with a blanket so you dont get too cold. but the big outdoor eating and drinking boom usualy starts in May although the citys ordinances say they can open from the first of april. You will probably find the weather quite cold compared to Australia(just warning you). I am not that well versed in the al fresco dining scene in Gothenburg but this site might help (it at least has the most obvious ones in it). http://www.goteborg.com/en/outdoor-bars/

Mentioned in this post
Gothenburg
Gothenburg
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

You will hopefully enjoy Gothenburg both in April and September. Kungshamn is a really small town and some things might not have opened in April or have already closed at the end of September. Some restaurants are only open during weekends outside of the tourist season.

Mentioned in this post
Gothenburg
Gothenburg
Surfers Paradise...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sould I visit Gothenburg in April or September

Thank you kindly for the info. Looks like we might go the last two week of sept

Surfers Paradise...
4 posts