We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber in Stockholm

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Uber in Stockholm

How's Uber in Stockholm? Is there a similar ride sharing app that is preferred in Sweden?

22 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Uber in Stockholm

I have done Uber a few times in Sweden and it worked well. Unlike in London, it is not cheaper than a regular taxi but the price difference compared to normal taxis is small. Unlike in London, it is very easy to prebook with a regular city wide taxi company like Taxi Stockholm or Taxi 020. Unlike in NYC, Uber cars in Stockholm are not fancier than regular taxis.

The main advantage with Uber in Stockholm is that you don't have to worry about getting ripped off by an independent driver. But don't use Uber to/from Arlanda airport, the fixed prices most regular companies use are lower.

Stockholm County...
Level Contributor
1 post
93 reviews
2. Re: Uber in Stockholm

Uber in Stockholm is generally overpriced. I know this because i have directly compared trips with regular cab services. All big 3 cab services have apps and the possibility to pre-pay a fixed price. I often go with Taxi Kurir. Try their app alongside Uber.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
41 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Uber in Stockholm

I use Uber frequently in Stockholm. BUT, in Sweden even Uber cars have to have taxi-regristered cars and therefore it is not as cheap as in other countries. Unless you use UberPOP, then it is very cheap, but there the cars are NOT taxi-registered, so that´s not a good idea.

As other users have mentioned, download the taxi 020 App or the Taxi Stockholm App from Appstore.

Naples, Florida
2 posts
4. Re: Uber in Stockholm

I want to drive there. What's the difference between Uber driving there, and Naples, Florida, USA?

Huddinge...
Level Contributor
356 posts
5. Re: Uber in Stockholm

UberPOP is not available in Sweden any more after too many drivers was in lawsuit because the app. Regular Uber is still her and you need a taxi driver licence to driver.

Edited: 14 September 2016, 07:54
Naples, Florida
2 posts
6. Re: Uber in Stockholm

How much is a license?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
662 reviews
7. Re: Uber in Stockholm

We are leaving the realm of this forum now. However you don't buy licenses, you qualify for them and are tested be a government authority.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Uber in Stockholm

I have a seven hour lay over at the airport. December 1. I hate sitting in airport lounges.

Is it worth taking an Uber (or taxi) to Marsta and finding a good Swedish meal in that amount of time?

Other suggestions? (Only site on TripAdvisor is a a Mansion and park, worth an hour?)

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Uber in Stockholm

Märsta is a low end suburb, why don't you go into central Stockholm instead?

Take the train if you're fancy or the bus if you're on a budget.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
44 reviews
10. Re: Uber in Stockholm

Yes, Märsta is really boring!

If you dont want to go to Stockholm you can go to Uppsala!

Reply to: Uber in Stockholm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted