I'm going to plan a trip to sweden (my 1st time!) --
I've been to Europe only once... it was 2 yrs ago.. london 1 night, paris 2 nites, rome 4 nites, naples, nice, brussels, & amsterdam.... it was such a short 2 week trip!!
my best friend & i have been talking about planning a trip to europe... and we thought about italy, and england, france, germany and everywhere else....
we decided... sweden! (it was an easy decision -- pretty blonde girls, beautiful country, rich history, etc.)
so.. in about 2 months.... possibly the last week of October into November -- we're going to go to Stockholm!!
Ok, so i have a few questions:
1) Is October / November a good time to go?? Are there any special holidays, traditions, events going on??
2) How is the weather there at that time? (in farenheit).... also... i heard it can get dark certain parts of the year for long hours -- and light... is that true?? -- how will it be @ that time??
3) where to stay?... I recently stayed @ the W in NYC and fell in love with the hotel... i notice there aren't any in Sweden yet -- but is there any equivalent?? (upscale, nice, contemporary, discotec, restaurant, etc.)
4) Historical sites, museums, etc.... i've always had an interest in vikings -- are there any good viking ruins, towns, sites, etc.
5) When i visited Rome, Paris, London... i liked the cities of course... but i felt like they were so globalized that i didnt get a good feel for each country's culture..... I went to Naples Italy, however, and it was all italians, etc. -- and i really felt it ---- but im Rome it was more globalized, etc. ----------------------- Is Stockholm very globalized???... what are some good cities to visit that are a little bit smaller in size, and like Naples is to Italy.
6) Night life..... how is the night life in Stockholm? Are there big clubs, club music, a good ratio of girls, etc. etc.
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!