We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Paris
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Where to stay

I am going to Stockholm from Thursday 2- sun 5th August 2007 with my girlfriend. i was hoping someone could recommend a decent hotel. I have no knowledge of the city. We are just a typical 27 year couple who will be interested in the sites, shops, bars etc.

I was thinking of staying in the Clarion hotel and was getting a double for the entire stay for £199. Is that good or is there somewhere else i should check?

Thanks for help!!

New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay

Good choice!

Stockholm is a wonderful city.

The Clarion is not bad. Do you have a budget?

Check out stockholmsightseeing.com/EN/…index.htm

Please take note of places mentioned below...

Slussen (cool area)

Katarina hissen (elevator at slussen that takes you to gondolen)

Gondolen (fancy, unique restaurant, u can choose to walk by)

Mosebacke (very cool place)

Medborgarplatsen (very cool area)

Grona lund (Fun and cute Luna Park in lovely area)

Skansen (beautiful zoo)

Djurgarden (amazing area of stockholm)

Strandvagen (beautiful street for strolling)

Ostermalm (very posh area)

Gallerian (mall in city centre)

Drottning Gatan (busy street with lines of shops)

Hotorget (market)

Kungshallen (big place for eating different kinds of food)

Kungsgatan (busy, fun street)

Ralambshovsparken (amazing park)

Humlegarden. (lovely park)

Slottet (the castle)

Sturehof (restaurant)

Debaser (nigh club)

Café Opera (night club)

F12 (nice club)

East (very popular restaurant)

More hot Clubs;

Sturecompagniet

Spy Bar

Hell’s Kitchen

Solidaritet (lastmakargatan 3)

Hotellet (linnegatan 18)

White room (regeringsgatan 61)

Berns

» Djurgården. Perfect area of town for strolling and discovering.

» Gamla stan= Old Town. A must!

» StockholmsTerrassen

Go to Kulturhuset, then find your way up to roof top cafe.

Sorry about any unclarity, but hope this helps!!!! You can google any of these places/sights.

Paris
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay

Thanks Elskin for your advice. With this on board and having done a little more research i plan on carrying out the following;

Boat tours; Hop on Hop Off or the Historical Canal Tours

Land tours: Walkaround Old town

Are these tours included in the Stockholm card and is it worth our while purchasing this card. We really only have Friday and Saturday as we arrive at 1opm thurs night and fly back at 12am on sun.

During these two days i would also like to visit the royal palace and wtiness the changing of the guards (is it at 12.15?)

Apparently Kungshallen is a fun area to go for lunch.

Will definately visit the ICE Bar.

I hear Ralambshovsparken and Djurgarden are nice areas to go for a picnic or a walk.

I decided to book the Clarion so should get to see a few of the bars and shops in Sodermalm.

I might also try to take in the viking exhibition in Historiska Museet.

Is there any must do's that i have left out?

Many thanks

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
3. Re: Where to stay

For hotels i would check out Rival who is owned by one of the ABBA guys, really cool or Berns Hotel, Birger Jarl Hotel for cool design or Scandic Anglais for spot on in the middle of everything with a fab roof terrrace!!

Have fun

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay

I would really make the effort to see the Vasa Museum even though your time is short. Historic museum is really good too! (free entry from what I can remember).

New England
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay

Just returned from Stockholm and we loved the Hotel Hellsten. It is funky and cute and a little off the beaten track.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay

Hey there,

Just returned from a blind trip to Stockholm.. ie... hadn't much of a clue what to expect...The Old town (Galma Stan) a must as is a visit to the Ice Bar. Myself and 2 mates did a Ghost Walking Tour. Got lots of history about the place and our guide was excellent... Something different I guess! but ABSOLUTELY worth it. We also did the Segway tour... Fantastic fun but didn't get much info from our guide. Can get info on these from the main tourist office. We found the maps quiet hard to navigate but if you limit what tours you'll do and aren't too worried about letting yourselves get a bit lost ,I reckon you'll enjoy it...All the locals had recommended doing a boat tour of the islands but unfortnately hadn't time!

Good Luck!

Tina Dod

7. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 11:20