We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm+Göteborg vs Stockholm+Oslo vs ...

London, United...
2 posts
Stockholm+Göteborg vs Stockholm+Oslo vs ...

I'm organising my first solo trip to Scandinavia (7-10 days long) I would like to visit Stockholm (+ Uppsala and Sigtuna) and one other city - which other city should I visit? (I'm interested in history, architecture and nature - I don't really care about nightlife etc) Thank you in advance :)

My budget: £300 to £450 (I'm going to stay in a hostel)

Edited: 16 September 2018, 19:04
3 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: Stockholm+Göteborg vs Stockholm+Oslo vs ...

For nature, Norway would be the answer in my opinion. But, heading to a city is not the best way to experience nature. Both Oslo and Göteborg are nice cities, but you could also add Copenhagen to the mix.

Is the £300-450 budget per day or for the whole trip?

London, United...
2 posts
2. Re: Stockholm+Göteborg vs Stockholm+Oslo vs ...

It was initially the budget for the entire trip (plane tickets from London to Stockholm cost around £40 and I've found a great hostel in Stockholm - less than £100 for up to 6 days) but if I will decide to go to Norway (beyond Oslo) I will probably have to spend some more money

Edited: 17 September 2018, 16:58
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Stockholm+Göteborg vs Stockholm+Oslo vs ...

I’d go with Stockholm plus Copenhagen or Stockholm plus Trondheim (Norway). Trondheim is much more of that Nordic feeling you think of when you think about Scandinavia

Reply to: Stockholm+Göteborg vs Stockholm+Oslo vs ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stockholm