We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABBA girlie weekend

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
222 posts
18 reviews
ABBA girlie weekend

Hi there.

My friend and I are thinking about coming to Stockholm 19th January for a special birthday weekend, and would like to do some ABBA themed things. I see there is a hotel that has a tie-in with the ABBA museum and Mamma Mia dinner show. Would this be recommended, or should we just book a hotel separately?

We are only planning on a two night stay (Fri/Sat), and would like to go on a walking tour and experience some Swedish food and drink, so anything/anywhere you could suggest would be a big help for our planning...

Thank you :o)

Level Contributor
48 posts
1. Re: ABBA girlie weekend

Im guessing your looking at the hotel on the Abba museum homepage called Pop house havent visited so i dont know if its good or bad. Another Abba venue ni Stockholm is Rival. Its owned by Benny Andersson http://www.rival.se/en might be worth a look if you want a more central location of your hotel. Or you can just go there for some nice food or drinks.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
677 reviews
2. Re: ABBA girlie weekend

Some places with typical Swedish dishes:

- Blå Dörren

- Pelikan

- Kvarnen

all on the island Södermalm.

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: ABBA girlie weekend

Regarding restaurants, I can add Slingerbulten in Gamla stan to the list. Great place lunch, but serve dinner as well. Mostly traditional swedish food. Used to work a few blocks away so I've had lunch there many times and never been disappointed.

Newport Pagnell...
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: ABBA girlie weekend

Hi, I have been to the Abba museum twice now and really loved it.

I have also been to 2 of the recommended restaurants Bla Dorren and Kvarnen. We went to Kvarnen last weekend and had an amazing Christmas brunch but we have also been in the evening and had a wonderful meal.

I would recommend Free Tour Stockholm tours. I have been on a few of them. Have a look at their website for times. The City tour I thought was the best one. You just leave a tip if you are happy with the tour. The guides are great.

Have a great girlie weekend.

5. Re: ABBA girlie weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 December 2017, 18:21
Edited: 03 December 2017, 18:21
6. Re: ABBA girlie weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2018, 05:15