We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike routes. Stockholm to Copenhagen

Cambridge, United...
3 posts
Bike routes. Stockholm to Copenhagen

Hi all.

I am travelling from Stockholm to Copenhagen starting July 9th. I will have 10 days of cycling to complete this. ( 15 days in total but the other 5 days are to see Stockholm and Copenhagen).

I was hoping for some advise on cycle routes. I checked some tour company websites for inspiration and many of them seem to go almost directly across Sweden inland, from Stockholm to linkoping, jonkoping, Ljungby, Helsingborg and then Copenhagen.

The eurovelo routes however seem to take in more of the coast. Eurovelo 10 heads from Stockholm to linkoping then back to the east coast which it follows around to malmo and then Copenhagen. Eurovelo 7 however takes in more of the West coast. It doesn’t go directly past Stockholm but does go to Orebo so I thought it would be possible to go from Stockholm to Orebo and then pick up the route which heads between lakes Vanern and vattern to Gothenburg then takes the west coast path down to Helsingborg and onto Copenhagen.

If anybody has taking these routes or just has any ideas which one might be nicer it would be great to hear from you. We do not mind hills, we are just looking for a route that is beautiful and nice to ride on.

Thanks

Mark

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Bike routes. Stockholm to Copenhagen

Hi

I did some googling and find sligtly different routes. This version of Eurovelo 10 (avoiding Linköping) seem to be vey well planned using smaller roads and mostly close to the sea. Probably the most scenic trip.

https://www.bikemap.net/en/o/2689634/

Only small hills, but many and also not very straight so its far from the fastest route. Winds will also be a factor especillay a week with winds from south/southeast. On the strettch roughly from Valdemarsvik to Karlskrona your options are either E22 which you definitively don't want to use or smaller much longer roads. With a good map and enough time/energy this should make an absloutely perfect bike route.

Couldn't find a detailed description of Eurovelo 7, only this

eurovelo.com/en/…sweden

I would say more straightforward sligtly less hills, slightly less scenic, probably a little faster but I think traffic can be more of a problem on the SW coast as there are very much vacation traffic on all roads.

Edited: 05 July 2018, 19:41
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Bike routes. Stockholm to Copenhagen

In Sweden the route Eurovelo10 is called Cykelspåret and seem to be the most popular of all routes, Lot's of people talk about. It will be very close to 1000 km. 660 km fastest way by highway so it's probably correct.

Reply to: Bike routes. Stockholm to Copenhagen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted