We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malmo C station

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Malmo C station

Hi. I will be arriving in Malmo on the overnight train from Copenhagen and will change trains to a regional Oresunstag train. My ticket indicates that I have 19 minutes to make the transfer. Is this an issue while travelling with luggage? Are the platforms close to each other? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
864 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malmo C station

There are trains Malmö-Copenhagen every 20 mins (and even more often most days), so it is not an issue if you miss the first one.

But if your arriving train is on time 19 mins is plenty of time even with luggage. Usually the Copenhagen trains departs from track 1b. You will arrive on a street level track, so go straight ahead into the main hall. Turn right and walk to the end of the building. There are four pair of escalators, two on the left and two on the right. Take the escalator furthest away on the left. Or the lift close by.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malmo C station

I guess you arrive on the night train from Stockholm?

Today the night train got in at track 5 on ground level.

And the Öresund trains leave from track 1 on underground level.

19 minutes is plenty of time, and if you miss it there is a new train to Copenhagen in 20 minutes!

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malmo C station

I wouldn't worry at all about that connection. Malmö C is pretty compact and easy to navigate. You probably just have to go in to the station building and take the escalator down to the lower level.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malmo C station

Thank you everyone! You’ve been most helpful.

Reply to: Malmo C station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted