We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around the Sound w/ a Handicapped Traveler

Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Around the Sound w/ a Handicapped Traveler

Note: I posted this before but it doesn't seem to be showing up in the forum. I don't know what happened, but here's another try. :)

I will be in Copenhagen for a few days and want to travel up to Hamlet's Castle, take the ferry over to Sweden, train down to Malmo (I don't think we will worry about stopping in Lund) and then back over the bridge to CPH. The level of difficulty is increased because my mom is handicapped and while she can walk, she really can't go more than a couple of blocks without taking a break. Stairs are also really hard.

I'm trying to find specific information on distances and can't seem to find it. Does the train from Copenhagen let off very close to the Hamlet Castle? Then how far is it to the ferry, etc. Do they have cabs if needed? Same questions the rest of the way, from the ferry dock in Sweden is it far to the train to Malmo? I guess also, how to get to the train into Malmo to the train across the bridge - is that the same train? I'm just trying to see if this will be feasible for us.

We will also have my two year old daughter who usually rides in a stroller. I'm not sure if I should even take the stroller or just try to have her walk, I know Europe has tons of cobblestones, etc.

One final question, do these ferries/trains run pretty often? I'm not sure about the schedule and I'm hoping you don't have to wait an hour for the train if you miss one, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Malmo
Malmo
Skane County, Sweden
Lund
Lund
Skane County, Sweden
Copenhagen Airport
Copenhagen Airport
Kastrup, Denmark
Europe
Europe
World
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,161 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around the Sound w/ a Handicapped Traveler

Must be a bug in the forums. Your post is still available - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189541-i218-k74…

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,776 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Around the Sound w/ a Handicapped Traveler

From Helsingør station, it´s roughly 800 m to the entrance of Hamlet´s Castle (which is called Kronborg Slot).

As regards getting from the station to the ferry, it´s only 200 - 300 m. There are some stairs, but I´m pretty sure a lift is provided. The ferries to Sweden go very often, several every hour.

I think you´ll be able to find a mostly cobble-stone free environment/paths when on your way. Usually there are paved side-walks in cobble-stoned streets also.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurant Kronborg
Restaurant Kronborg
382 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Frederiksberg Slot
Frederiksberg Slot
333 Reviews
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,776 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around the Sound w/ a Handicapped Traveler

Also, have a look at WhiskyTraveller´s answer mentioned above, of course ;-).

4. Re: Around the Sound w/ a Handicapped Traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:16