We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary feedback

Fairfax, Virginia
14 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary feedback

I'm traveling to Copenhagen next month, and am trying to finalize my itinerary. We would like to see all the main highlights, but also have time to enjoy the surroundings as well. Here is what I have so far:

Day 1:

Canal boat tour

Day 2:

Carlsberg Brewery

Christiansborg Slot

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

Day 3:

Church of Our Savior

Rosenborg Slot

Day 4: Day trip - either Fredriksborg Slot or Kronborg Slot (and probably Louisiana).

Does this seem like a reasonable itinerary? Also, we only have time to do one of the day trips, and we cannot decide between the two castles. Both look amazing from their websites - is one recommended over the other? How about the towns - we would like to walk around the castle towns and maybe get some lunch, so that may factor into our decision as well.

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
941 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary feedback

It looks ok. I guess the first day is spent travelling since there are only a few things on the schedule?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Christiania, but some people love it. You just have to make sure you know what it really is (reviews here are quite accurate in my opinion).

As to which castle to see on your daytrip is a difficult question. I prefer Frederiksborg in Hillerod. It's the castle with the most wow-factor and they recently finished a major refurbishment to the renaissance garden surrounding the castle, so it should be quite nice.

Kronborg is not that spectacular, but Helsingør (Elsinore) as a town is a little more interesting than Hillerod (which is also nice though). If I had to pick one, I'd go for Frederiksborg.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary feedback

I agree with the post above, adding that if you decide for Christiania, remember to vist the areas away from the immediate entrance (where there is an interesting gallery in an old magazine building however).

Take a walk along the northern moats along Refshalevej. And also across the wooden bridge (Dyssebroen) to the easternmost area. You´ll find some interesting alternative architecture in these areas, in pretty surroundings.

If you have any particular interests, there are of course further places of interest to be found.

Fairfax, Virginia
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary feedback

Thanks to you both for your feedback!

I think we will probably choose Frederiksborg - it certainly looks the more impressive of the two.

I am aware of the reviews of Christiania, but as we are staying nearby in Christianshavn, we will probably visit briefly. Joen, the directions you provided are exactly the experience we are hoping to see there.

4. Re: Itinerary feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16