We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

California Central...
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

We will arrive at the port at the completion of our cruise. We are staying one night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel - which I understand is very close to the metro stop. Would it be practical (and fairly easy) to take the metro from Copenhagen center to the hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Andersen Boutique Hotel
Andersen Boutique Hotel
#3 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
71 Nyhavn Hotel
71 Nyhavn Hotel
#5 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Absalon Hotel
Absalon Hotel
#8 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

Metro network in Copenhagen is quite limited.

You can take Metro M1 from Norreport or Kongens Nytorv to Orestad (Crowne Plaza).

Where is your cruise ship docking? There are several terminals in the port of Copenhagen.

Hans

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
California Central...
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

My guess is that it will either be Langelinie Pier or Frihaven.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

That will mean quite a difference regarding public transport.

Hans

California Central...
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

I just looked it up on an internet site that was down yesterday - it stated pier: ORIENTKAJ. So I'll ask my question again - to get to the Crowne Plaza Hotel by public transportation - what is the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

Mondays to Fridays bus 26 go quite close to the pier. In weekends the nearest station (Nordhavn) is approx. 3 km from the pier.

You can take bus 26 to Osterport and then train to Crowne Plaza or bus 26 to Kongens Nytorv and then Metro to Crowne Plaza.

From Nordhavn Station you can take S-train Central Station and then train to Crowne Plaza.

Hans

Edited: 18 May 2014, 19:17
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Osterport
Hotel Osterport
1,170 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Central Station
Central Station
1,291 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
California Central...
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

Thank you

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
134 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza the night before and after our cruise. Do you know what a taxi might cost to go to or from the pier from the hotel. We are cruising with Norwegian which sails out of Langelinie Pier.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

A taxi (for maximum 4 persons) from Crowne Plaza to Langelinie Pier (or vv) should be approx. DKK 200.

Hans

Honolulu
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

I'm traveling on NCL in June and called them about cruise transportation. My family of five will be staying at the Crown Plaza too. I was quoted $30 per person to / from airport each way to port. Crown Plaza provides free shuttle service to airport. I also emailed the local shuttle services and for a mini van (5 of us) it is $120 to port from Crown Plaza and $140 back to airport after cruise (limousine-center.com). They'll send you a quote.

Honolulu
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Port To Crowne Plaza Hotel

I'm traveling on NCL in June and called them about cruise transportation. My family of five will be staying at the Crown Plaza too. I was quoted $30 per person to / from airport each way to port. Crown Plaza provides free shuttle service to airport. I also emailed the local shuttle services and for a mini van (5 of us) it is $120 to port from Crown Plaza and $140 back to airport after cruise (limousine-center.com). They'll send you a quote.