We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen port to town centre

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Copenhagen port to town centre

We arrive on Celebrity Constellation on 31 May at 08.00 and depart at 17.00.

Can we walk from port to town centre or do we have to take a taxi and if so, what is the cost?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Celebrity Constellation is expected to dock at Langelinie Pier on 31 May.

It's approx 3 km walk to the city centre, but you can also take bus # 26.

Hans

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Thanks so much

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
171 reviews
3. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Our Cruise Ship, the Eurodam will be docked at C330 which is in Nordhavn/Oceankaj. Can I assume that this is farther away than Langelinie and is probably not walking distance to the center of town?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Walking distance from Oceankaj to the city centre is approx. 6-7 km.

Hans

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Be careful about the Copenhagen cruise port, especially if there's more than 1 ship in town. We were on Celebrity, arriving Copenhagen May 23 (yesterday). Our day in Copenhagen was ruined by traffic. There was a 1-hour wait for a taxi. Then it took the taxi 1 hour to get to the city center, crawling all the way. Buses were no better -- stuck in the same traffic. (It's far to walk, especially with luggage.) We lost the ability to see all the sights we wanted to see.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
171 reviews
6. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Did your cruise ship offer a shuttle bus between the port and town? I know other cruise ships do and it's about 12Euros RT). I know on weekdays there is a bus (#26) into town ( probably would get stuck in traffic too) and a train but I know the train station is about 15 min walk from the port exit.

I'm hoping your experience with the traffic was a fluke and that we won't experience the same issue next month when we travel there.

bairns9
Level Contributor
216 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Is the HOHO buses waiting at the port? Is there plenty of them? I was thinking of using these buses so I could see most sights of interest.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

Depends on which cruise port. There are several in Copenhagen.

Hans

9. Re: Copenhagen port to town centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 06:17