We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

Hiya

A group of 5 of us (adults) are going to be in Copenhagen for a weekend on 11th - 12th February 2012.

We are interested in going to Malmo for the afternoon and I see there are buses and trains that go from Copenhagen Airport.

My question is that the fares I have found for the train are around £30ea return and from what I can see the bus is around DKK100?

Can someone help me clarify if there is any type of ticket that 5 adults can travel on together to reduce the cost of the train journey? Or if we have to get the bus - is it DKK100 each way or return?

Many Thanks

Lisa

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

The bus is 100 dkk one way. It takes a little longer and it doesn't drive as often as the trains.

The train is not much more expencive.

Malmö is a very cute little town, but are you sure you want to miss some great things in Cph on behalf of visiting Malmö?

Just a question.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

There is a 5 person return trip clip card available for the train, that cost 670 DKK - that comes to 134 DKK pr. person.

The trains don't just leave from the airport but also from several stations in the center of Copenhagen. The main terminal is probably the easiest place to buy the clipcard on the weekend.

Trains run every 20 minutes, they are regular commuter trains so no reservations required just hop on.

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
302 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

My partner and I did this trip whilst on a city break in Copenhagen a few weeks ago. From memory it worked out at about £15 each return and the trains run like clockwork. We caught the train from the central station and bought the ticket on the day.

We just spent about 3 or 4 hours (although admittedly it was very cold once on the other side of the water with the wind blowing in our direction) there as it's only a small city and was more case of "ticking off" another city for us. We had a nice lunch and there are some old pretty half-timbered buildings in the centre. The tourist information is right outside the train station and the centre only a few minutes’ walk.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,407 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

GobyBus and Swebus have bus tickets for less than DKK 100 return, one way starting at SEK 49,-

Graahundbus is a bit less cheap.

Insert Köpenhamn for Copenhagen, unfortunately the sites are only in Swedish and Danish.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 16:15
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,407 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

From CPH airport to Malmö with Swebus, insert Kastrup. Same price.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

Thanks for all your help - it's certainly good to know we can get a 5 person ticket and can also leave from the central station. I assume if we go from the central station - that we can go back to the airport?

I understand the comment about the time spent there. We are just quite keen to do the bridge (we saw a show about the making of it!) and a little look at Malmo so may reduce it down to a couple of hours only.

Whilst i have some experts.. it's also going to be my birthday on the Saturday and we are looking for a place to eat that is on the cheaper end for drinks/food. We are staying in an apartment in Westend.

Once again - any help greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Lisa

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

Westend is a beautiful street and there is a nice area around the street too.

Couple of minutes from the street there is a restaurant Spuntino. They have menus for 275 kr (3 dishes). Lovely food, beautiful interior and good wines. You would love it for sure. Check it out once you get into the flat.

And do yourself a favour and visit Varnedamavej (a street 5 min from your flat). Good breakfast/coffee place is Granola in the same street.

8. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:19