We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lego House vs Legoland

New Haven...
Level Contributor
261 posts
111 reviews
Lego House vs Legoland

Hi everyone,

We are visiting Billund for 2 days August 21 and 22 as a birthday gift to my daughter who loves legos. My question is what is the difference between Legoland and Lego House, and are both a must. She will be turning 11 in case the age makes a difference.

Thank you for any and all input!!

6 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Lego House vs Legoland

Hey Garett, I was wondering the same thing and am disappointed by the lack of response! Did you end up going to both attractions? Was it worth it, or which do you recommend?

Thanks!

New Haven...
Level Contributor
261 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Lego House vs Legoland

We ended up doing the Lego house. Purchased tickets ahead online. It was awesome. Check the hours on the website, you will spend the whole day there if you have a Lego enthusiast. Get there as they open. We drove by the Lego land and it is a rides type of amusement park and my daughter didn't want to go there the next day. So we spent the entire time we were in Billund at the Lego House. I highly recommend it!!

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Lego House vs Legoland

Regarding the difference, generally speaking:

Legoland = Traditional theme park with (obviously) a lot of Lego elements and Lego-themed rides.

Lego House = Interactive building/creative playground. A bit difficult to explain, but for a lego fan, it's definitely worth a visit.

I would say Legoland is primarily for the younger kids, while Lego House can be appreciated by all ages - even if the focus is on stuff for kids.

Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Lego House vs Legoland

Thanks for the replies guys! That’s the info I was looking for. We are excited to go see the LEGO House! Turns out legoland will be closed when we are there anyways.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
261 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: Lego House vs Legoland

Have a blast, it is truly a memorable experience!

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Lego House vs Legoland

As a side note, there is a documentary on Netflix about the construction of Lego House (at least it's available on Netflix in Denmark, not sure about other regions). It gives an interesting behind-the-scenes look at some of the builds there.

So for those that are on the fence about going, it could maybe help them decide if it's something for them.

Reply to: Lego House vs Legoland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted