We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Toronto
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

We are a family of 4 with two boys aged 15 and 19 . We plan to visit Skopelos last week of June. Last year we did Santorini and Corfu

and we loved them both, though personally my heart belongs to Oia. Skopelos though is a sentimental favorite and I can't wait to get back.

It was the first Greek island my husband and I visited right after getting engaged , we stayed in someone's house up in the old town, rented a moped and had a blast. I am sure tthings have changed, prices for sure, though looking at my old pics it still looks the same.

So, when we found out we'll be visiting relatives in Bulgaria this summer, our decision was made: drive down to Volos (5 hours),

hop on a ferry with the car, if we can figure out the schedules, and at long last arrive in Skopelos. I have faith in you experts, so where do you think we should stay? We only have about a week, we'll have a car to move about but we also have two grown

boys, who are seasoned travellers, but will need entertainment at night. I tried to contact some of the villa owners through the Skopelos website, but so far no response. We are considering the Skopelos Village Hotel but I am also looking at Lithanemon Hotel. Unfortunately The Adrina resort is booked for our dates. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. How long is the drive

from Lithanemon to Skopelos town and is there free parking available in town at night? I am sure I'll have many more questions but I have to secure the accommodations first.

Thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hey and welcome venividmore:-) You'll be glad to hear that not much has really changed;-) A few new properties/establishments here and there..but basically, still the wonderful lush, green isle with it's splendid crystal clear waters you remember 22 years ago;-) You've made a great call w/Lithanemon in Agnondas..and you will find a new 'parking lot' right in Skopelos Town so no parking issues there;-) The drive is barely 10 min..You can check out www.skopelosweb.gr/ for a good round-up of available properties/rooms, etc.... I, too, love Oia..and am sure you'll find your old sentimental favorite as fabulous and appealing as it was then..even better;) Totally EnjOY!

Toronto
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hi Litsa,

And thank you for your prompt reply. I knew I could count on you.

I am sure the questions will keep coming as the time nears,

restaurant recommendations and so on, but right now I am so

excited I can barely contain myself. Really looking forward to this.

Just a quick question on ferries. I am checking the schedules right now

and it is not showing me a ferry from Skopelos to Volos on July 1st which is

a Friday. I find this a bit unusual. I thought they would have them every day.

We just want to make sure we don't miss our flight back to Toronto. What do

you think?

Thanks again,

Cheers

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hey again..and my pleasure:-) Don't fret..the ferry from Volos is daily..at least one..chances are the schedules may not be updated..check www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ Regardless, wouldn't plan on heading back same day as trans flight..and assuming you'll be flying out of Athens, head to Aghios Konstantinos..it's closer;-) Also check www.alkyontravel.gr/ who offer a great bus/ferry combo out of and to Athens! Keep enjoyin'!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
42 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hi venividimore

We stayed at the Lithanemon three years ago with, like yourselves, our two boys although a little younger (9 and 7) and we are returning this summer. Just to let you know the place is wonderful. The accomodation if superb and the owners are friendly and attentive. We had the best holiday we have ever had - can highly recommend it. Agnodas is great not to big and noisy but lively enough to keep your boys happy I am sure. Hope you have a lovey holiday!

Toronto
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Thanks Litsa,

I checked the openseas website and it shows a ferry leaving onthe 2nd of July but not on the third. We are actually not flying back home until the 3rd but we'll be driving up from Volos to Sofia, Bulgaria as our flight leaves from there. I am not aware of July 1st being a holiday in Greece as it is in Canada, so I hope the schedule will be updated,

One more question , though. Do you think we should reserve at least the inbound ferry since we'll need to put the car on it?

Thanks again and have a good one!

Toronto
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hello Lizedd,

Thanks for the info. It is great to have feedback from someone who's actually been there. So maybe I can ask you about the rooms. They pretty

much look all the same on the website, but do you have a favorite? We don't have much choice for our dates so we were debating between the Keleno and the Elektra. I think we went with the former but I don't think it matters really.

Hope you have a good holiday as well. I don't know if our dates match we

might run into one another.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

..since you have the car, don't see any reason not to book heading out..those ferries hold lots of vehicles but good to know you've got a sure spot onboard heading out;-) Also good to hear you had your best holiday ever Lizedd..not surprised;-)) The Keleno and Elektra are pretty much mirror apartments separated by a wall..Litsa the owner there gave me a tour a few years ago..the property is immaculate, beautifully furnished..and has an amazing location with a quick walk past the pool right onto the magnificent little beach there;-) Keep enjoyin' all!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
42 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hi venividimore

Sorry for not replying sooner. I would agreed with Litsa regarding the Elektra and the Keleno. We stayed in the Elektra last time and it was very pretty the hammock on the balcony was a lovely addition. I think the Keleno has a larger balcony. Our room was exceptionally clean and well furnished as I would imagine all of them are.

We are visiting at the end of July beginning of August this year and are treating ourselves to the large Pliono apartment. Only 15 weeks to go not that I'm counting!

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
483 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Hi venividimore, you seem to have got lots on good advice on the accommodation you're interested in but I'd just like to put in that your 2 boys might find Agnondas a bit boring :-( Whilst it's okay for those with smaller children, I think teenagers might prefer to be within walking distance of a bit more entertainment like the bars and clubs in Skopelos Town.

Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skopelos 22 years later - Help with accommodations

Just to add to what veganprin said, my daughter was 18 on our visit to Skopelos and we loved staying in Skopelos Town (hotel was Dionysis). We took a bus or taxi to other parts of the island during the days, but in the evenings, we hung out in the harbor area of Skopelos Town where there are plenty of shops and restaurants (and bars) and then walked back to the hotel at night.

Get answers to your questions about Skopelos