We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small banana beach

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Small banana beach

What's the progress of the building work taking place behind the banana beach ?

Will the beach be assessable this year?

70 replies to this topic
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Small banana beach

Last info suggested Foot access only, no vehicle access nearby.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Small banana beach

Thankyou for your reply!

Bury St Edmunds...
1 post
2 reviews
3. Re: Small banana beach

The latest from small banana work on the beach bar almost finished today beds one way or the other. and a shade will cost 20 euros per day (expected) Seems the beach is to targeted to young people with loud music, just like big banana was. Big banana is for family’s, so it seems naturists are to be forced out one way or another . If all true sadly our last trip to the island

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Small banana beach

Wow! EURO 20 for a sunbed. That’s me finding another beach.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,384 posts
87 reviews
5. Re: Small banana beach

There seems to me to be a conflict brewing between the intended clientele of this beach, and the fact that the new sign I've seen on FB, which still says that SB is a naturist beach.

I'm old enough to remember when LB was naturist, and look what happened there...

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Small banana beach

That’s daylight robbery, it was only 8 euros last year, surely people are not going to pay that, I won’t I think we will be going elsewhere or buying some and carrying them there.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Small banana beach

Can they really charge €20 when the rest of the island are only charging £8 for 2 beds and a parasol?

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
67 reviews
8. Re: Small banana beach

They can charge whatever they like if they have the concession. They may throw in a bottle of water, call it a superior sunbed (You cant move these ones around) and even offer a waiting service. It worked well for Ambelakia. The beach bars are going to be serviced, with food delivered from the hotel.

Some of the sunbeds on Aghia Eleni are 'superior' to the standard. Avaton are doing a roaring trade with the young party circuit at Tzaneria, and a slice of water melon ...

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Small banana beach

20 Euros for a bed and a slice of water melon. Count me in ;-))

10. Re: Small banana beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2018, 17:13

Reply to: Small banana beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations