We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

My travelling friend has recently developed an illness that makes her exhaust after walking too far . We both love boat trips and you all have told me about the bus service from Troulos from where we are staying at the Hotel Korali . Going on the 15th of June for a week . So hopefully you guys can recommend a trip from there that will meet our needs

8 replies to this topic
Nth Wales
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

For some reason this has been duplicated !

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

You can always delete the other post

No trips run direct from Troulos, so your friend will need to travel ...

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,607 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

I reckon the boat operators are missing a trick here. There are lots of accommodations in Troulos and I'm sure the guests would like the option of either a boat trip or a water taxi service from this area.

Of course, a jetty would have to be built to serve a water taxi, as folk don't want wet feet when going into town of an evening!

A small boat used to call in at Troulos around 10 -12 years ago and do a good day out, but I understand that the boat needed updating to get its operating licence, and the owner called it a day.

As SL1 says, town is the only option at the moment.

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

There was a guy there a couple of years ago that offered a self drive boat all day if that is what your friend might fancy. Great day out.

Level Contributor
1,234 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

There is a supermarket underneath premier hotel, it’s at the other end of Troulos to where your staying but only a 5 minute flat walk, I think the guys name is Demitris who operates the diamanti day sail yacht from the new port however I could be wrong on the name. His wife has this supermarket. Maybe you could discuss/arrange a day trip from there and she will advise on getting to town on the morning. This would save a trek to book a trip. The yacht is 65ft and arguably one of the most impressive of the day sail yachts, very similiar to the one used by Duran Duran in the Rio video. Last year the cost was around 60€ pp but for a whole day with lunch/drinks etc it’s not a fortune. Live like millionaires for the day...

Level Contributor
1,234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

The captains name is Babis and not Demitris - sorry for misinformation..

Level Contributor
1,234 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

A short bus ride to koukanaries and you could go over to kati yorgi on the taxi boat - lovely way to spend a lazy afternoon having a meze in this quaint little fishing village...

http://www.skiathoswatertaxi.gr/

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos

Fab suggestions and many thanks . Yes also believe there could be a great enterprise for someone to provide boat trips out from Troulos beach where so many of us stay . I hadn't realised that there was no operating water taxi from here when l booked but as said, Kook is only a stop away and it is on the flat to premier which was well worth knowing in advance . This is why I use forums and always contribute where l can to reciprocate . Situations do change for some after booking holidays and your knowledge is invaluable . Ta again and reckon the yacht trip is right up there on my how to be a millionaire wish list !

Reply to: A great but not exhaustive trip out from Troulos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations