We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help/advice needed, please?

Norwich
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Help/advice needed, please?

We are staying at the Panorama Hotel, Koukounaries, from 15-22 June this year.

The two things we (ok, I ..!) want to do is to see the low flying planes landing at the airport and take in a Mamma Mia boat trip.

Apart from the above, we are happy to go with the flow and sit by the pool, visit a beach etc.

What I would like to know is, do you just make your own way to the airport and, if so, what is the best way?

I have been reading mixed reviews on the Mamma Mia tours so does anyone have a favourite/could recommend a good one, please?

It is our first time to the island and cannot wait :)

Cheers

Canary Fairy

13 replies to this topic
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
13 reviews
11. Re: Help/advice needed, please?

As the first reply says it is a short walk from town to get to the end of the runway and this is certainly worth doing as a unique view of the plans landing although make sure you stand to the side and not in direct line especially when they are taking off.

But don't miss out on the chance to visit some of the wonderful places along the waters edge on the way there or back such as Medusa, Bakaliko or Pyrofani. Everyone on here will have their favourite place to stop and watch the planes landing. Enjoy finding yours.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
63 reviews
12. Re: Help/advice needed, please?

Ian E - Yes, Pyrofani -- Spotless Kitchen, Superb Reasonably Priced Food, First Class

in every way and right at the Water's Edge. Tiny fish appreciate a few titbits - if you can bear to share.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
13 reviews
13. Re: Help/advice needed, please?

Bakaliko was recommended to us on our first visit so we tend to return there at least once each year but I have tried the others and you are right about Pyrofani being a good choice.

I also love just fish watching along this stretch in between seeing the planes pass through.

Reply to: Help/advice needed, please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations