We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

Tunis, Tunisia
Level Contributor
89 posts
Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

Hi!

In order to reach Karlovasi port, could you please tell me how much does a taxi cost approximately from pythagorio to karlovasi.(The road seems to take about 4 hours using the bus !).

On the other hand ,is there a car rental office that can make a pick up in pythagorio and a drop off in karlovasi.

Thank you in advance

Riadhou

7 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

I used the bus, I don't see why that is a problem, it's a long way and buses from Vathy to Karlovassi are not very frequent. A taxi would cost about 70 € or something. There should be a price list up at Pythagorion taxi rank.

Tunis, Tunisia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

I though to spend more time in pytagorio during my last day in samos before to reach karlovassi where i have to take the ferry to mykonos at 16:00.

On sunday ,the only bus which can arrive before the departure time of the ferty would leave Vathi at 8h30 in the morning .The next one starts at noon ,so it will be lately to reach the ferry.

But the taxi is very expensive.

An intermediary solution could be to rent a car with a drop off in Karlovasi which seems difficult to find and perhaps much expensive .

At least ,the better way is to take the early bus and to spend the last time in Karlovasi!

Level Contributor
17 posts
3. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from but I wuld have thought the 12:00 bus from Vathi/Samos Town would get you to Karlovassi in plenty of time for the 16:00 ferry.

When you travel will also have a bearing on the bus options as there are increasing numbers of busses in service as the season gets to its height.

Edited: 22 May 2018, 20:32
Tunis, Tunisia
Level Contributor
89 posts
4. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

As the bus goes through several localities and stops at each station the trip should be long.And it happens that my departure is a Sunday when the frequency of the buses is much smaller than during the week.

Do you have any idea if the bus goes through pythagorion after leaving ?Vathi

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

You get one bus Pythagorion to Vathy, and another to Karlovasi.

The Vathy to Karlovasi bus goes straight along the north coast to a square in old Karlovasi which is about 2 Km from the port, so you may need a taxi from Old Karlovasi to the ferry port.

A 12:00 bus from Vathy would be OK for the 16:00 ferry, it should take about 1½ hr. I would ask at the bus station in Vathy they may run down to the port.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

Taxi cost you 55€.

1 post
7. Re: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port

Hi there, we are planning to travel from Kusadasi to Mykonos on a Thursday. Seems like the best way to do this based on what we have found online is:

- Take 9am ferry from Kusadasi to Samos (Pythagorio) - should reach by 10.30am

- Bus from Pythagorio to Vathy - any idea how long this will take?

- Take 12pm bus from Vathy to Samos (Karlovasi) - should reach in time for 4pm ferry to Mykonos

Is there any faster way we can get from Kusadasi to Mykonos that anyone can recommend? Thanks!

Luana

Reply to: Transport from Pythagorio to Karlovasi port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted